Sunday 25 January 2009

Snow report



I thought I would share some of L and M's holiday pictures and at the end I'll show a sneak peek of my Folksy stock.

This is part (for goodness sake) of the 50ft cliff L fell from. When describing it, he said he was hanging from a young tree at one point, a'la Indiana Jones and the tree snapped. I'm not surpised holding his weight!

Here is M all kitted out

And a view shot. Not bad is it?

They both enjoyed it, depsite the drama of the "scary mountain" (named by M) and other events.

Did I mention that M lost her first tooth while they were there too. Well the first night actually! She has a nice little gap right at the bottom now.



So, onto the Folksy stuff. I'm not as far on as I'd like to be at this point, but I've made a start and thats given me some motivation to keep going. You know what its like when you lose a bit of crafting mojo.

This is one of the hanging decorations I'll be selling. I have some other hearts, all different, animals and other decorations.

I have plans to do some door stops and little softies, although I'm still a little unsure about selling softies. The issues that are happening in the US with handmade items are worrying me a little. Until it is dealt with, like other handmade sellers, I will unfortunately not be able to sell those kind of things to US peeps. Its very sad. There are so many unbelievably talented crafters out there.

I'll stop going on now. You all know about it.

I have no idea when I will get this Folksy shop up and running, but I hope it is very soon. I've been talking about it for far too long now and not doing anything about it.

This week I shall aim to blog another item for the shop. That will give me something to work against and I have to make a start on the Meridian Ariels Owl swap! I'm looking forward to this one. I have so many ideas in my head, I just don't know which one to pick.


4 comments:

Kitty said...

Hello! I'm here because you popped up in my people who follow 'bit'. It's lovely to meet you and have a look over your own bloggy bits. I share your addiction to fabric - I think you and I will get on like a house on fire. Do you covet socks too? No? Just me then.

I've never been skiing, but these photos of yours make it look very beautiful.

Regarding your 'hot' laptop in the last post - my laptop cooler is one of the best things I ever bought. They are very cheap on eBay, and just as good (as far as I can tell) as the expensive versions. I wouldn't be without one now.

Anyway, I'm rambling, so I'll wander off now.

Take care :-)

Alexandra said...

Hi Chloe, love the felt heart, good luck with getting your folksy shop up and running!

Chloe said...

Hi Kitty!
I see you pop up on other peoples blogs and I've been meaning to check your blog out for ages. Thanks for stopping by :)
And thank you for the laptop cooler info. I will definately have to have a look at that. One of our old laptops died of over heating!

Thanks Alex! Hows the crotcheting coming along?

Chloe said...

Hi Kitty!
I see you pop up on other peoples blogs and I've been meaning to check your blog out for ages. Thanks for stopping by :)
And thank you for the laptop cooler info. I will definately have to have a look at that. One of our old laptops died of over heating!

Thanks Alex! Hows the crotcheting coming along?