Friday 25 April 2008

Merry merry merrylegs

My friend who I've come to know through my husband, had her first baby last week.
A little girl called Katy.
So rather than go for the usual set of clothes or a traditional teddy, I decided to opt for a Merrylegs made by another Katy from I'magingermonkey.
And here she is

Isnt she fab!

Katy also popped in a little pressie for myself




This gorgeous brooch which is going to look fab with some of my holiday outfits.
I have to admit that I have a bit of a thing for Corsages. Big Corsages that is. I think it came from watching too much Sex and The City.
Hopefully I will have some pictures of things I have done soon.
I want to make a start on the doll for the swap today if I can. I have all my templates cut out, designs all on paper and my ideas firmly in my head. I get a bit nervous starting on something new. I think I have everything in place ready to go and then I usually forget something crucial and it buggers up the whole thing.
Fingers crossed this time I will have covered everything.
Keep your eyes peeled and I'll post sneeky peeks of the WIP.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so pleased you like her - I hope Katy does too (well, her mum!)

Looking forward to the sneaky peeks!

JuicyFig said...

love merrylegs! and what a cool name!
like what you are doing with your blog colours too - now then, your title looks like sweeties...did you take a photo in a sweet shop, or buy them then eat them???

I couldn't sleep last sunday night for planning out my doll in my head, and if I had the house all tomyself, and no work to get up for on Monday, I would probably have got out of bed and made it! it's too exciting!!!!

Kath
x

Chloe said...

They are sweets, yes Kath.
They're those candy cables with the white fondant centre.
My husband loves them, the big kid he is!
I thought that they would make a great photo if I just threw them all together in a big pile.

I'm glad you like the blog colours too.

Looking forward to seeing your doll!

Annie B said...

love the merrylegs, the corsage AND the new look blog