Sunday 7 December 2008

A Christmas meme

There is a little Christmas meme doing the rounds via email at the moment. I'm not sure if it originated from a blog or not but I've had a few from other crafty friends which I have to say I've enjoyed reading because I'm a bit of a Christmas freak.
It does say at the top of the meme that you have to fill it in and not be a scrooge and a scrooge I am not. However Googlemail is being very awkward and won't let me select more than one recipient for composing an email, which is rather annoying because about 6 people have emailed me their memes and if I were to reply, I would have to do more than one and it would take ages.
Soooo I will save that time for wrapping presents and eating chocolate and just do my meme on here.
Here goes.......
1. Wrapping Paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper and bags for us. Aren't we posh and non eco friendly!
2. Real tree or Artificial tree? We have both. Without sounding poncey and up my own behind, we do have quite a big house and lots of rooms so it would be rude not to decorate them all
. 3. When do you put up the tree? 1st December without fail. Well the artificial trees and other decorations go up on the 1st, this year the real tree is coming a bit later so it lasts longer.
4. When do you take the tree down? I like to string it out for as long as possible but its usually the 5th or 6th January.
5. Do you like eggnog? I've never had it! How un-christmas like!
6. Favourite gift received as a child? I cannot actually remember what my favourite gift was but 2 that stick in my mind are a dressing table and a pretend post office set up. They were great.
7. Hardest person to buy for? L and my father in law.
8. Easiest person to buy for? M without a doubt because she wants everything and my parents because they life laundry their house all the time and ask for very simple and cheap gifts that they know they will use or need.
9. Do you have a Nativity Scene? No. I dont like them.
10. Post or E-mail Christmas cards? Post of course. Emailing Christmas cards would be wrong.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I have to say I don't remember getting any bad presents.
12. Favourite Christmas Movie? Home Alone 1 and 2. Cheesy and pathetic you may think but I always feel christmassy when I see these films.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As early as possible. The last 2 years years I have started in October. I plan to start even earlier for Christmas 2009 by getting some bargains in the sales.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No never but I know my parents have lol.
15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas dinner with a glass of Bucks Fizz. I also like to nibble on all the cold leftovers at tea time.
16. Lights on the tree? Of course. I've always been a little white fairy light kind of gal but last year L bought the most gorgeous tiny little coloured lights which do a whole host of things.
17. Favourite Christmas songs? I love the cheesy Christmas ones by Slade, Elton John etc. In fact we have just put a load onto the Ipod and have been listening to them. Not that we get to listen to them alot because M has taken a shine to Boney M's classic "Marys boy child" and we've had that on repeat for the last 3 days. It would be ok except she insists that its not Jesus Christ, its Jesus Price.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We used to travel but when middle child arrived, we decided to stay at home so that the kids can enjoy their presents. My family live 30 miles away and L's live 70 miles away so it wouldn't be fair to drag them out in the car leaving all their gifts at home. However this year, the in laws are coming to us for christmas dinner. Thats me cooking for 6 adults and 3 kids! Eeeek!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I'll have a go. Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Blitzen, Cupid?, Rudolph, Donna/Donnah???
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a silver sparkly star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. I remember L letting M open a little present on Christmas Eve once and I went spare!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I don't think there is one single thing that I dislike about it. Its all great to me.
23. Favourite ornament theme or colour? We have a bit of a colour theme going on with purples, mauves and gold with odd collected ornament thrown in.
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Turkey of course. L's family always have starters too so if we have dinner with them its usually some mushroom thing for me and prawn for the others. This year though it will be homemade vegetable soup for starters.
25. What do you want for Christmas? Nothing particular but I do love a good suprise!

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2009 to you all!
(Oh and remember, you have until midnight tomorrow to enter the giveaway. Just add a comment onto the post below)

No comments: